do you know of bulgar?
it's a nice little grain that you can soak in water or any other liquid and it drinks it up.
which means experimentation!
[I'm thinking of a sweet bulgar recipe with coconut milk, in the future...]
for this recipe, the bulgar soaks up some tomato sauce.
here's what you need:
bulgar wheat [1 cup]
lentils [1 cup]
tomato sauce [little can]
pesto [1-2 tablespoons]
parsley [1 tablespoon]
1. put the lentils on to boil.
then let them simmer with a lid.
they can cook while everything else comes together.
2. get the bulgar in a bowl with the tomato sauce and pesto.
stir them up together and let them sit for five or ten minutes.
it will look liquid-y, but the bulgar continues to soak and soak.
3. you can add in the parsley whenever you feel like it.
4. the lentils should cook for fifteen or twenty minutes, but check because you don't want them mushy.
or too crunchy.
when they have finished, drain them and add them to your bulgar mixture.
5. refrigerate until all is cool.
I hope you love it.